Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The weather man was sort of right. It snowed on Sunday night and stuck. It was very surprising. I didn't look out the window when I got out of bed and when I opened the door on my way out what a surprise met my eyes.

And it was still coming down. I ran back inside and grabbed my scarf which I'd decided not to wear and left for class. Later that day Jaelyn and I (;-) went and took pictures of all the buildings around campus and some of the pretty winter scenes that we saw.

It was FREEZING! By the time we got home our fingers were numb and we decided to have hot chocolate. While Jaelyn and I were in Portland with our neighbor Shelley, we stopped at Starbucks (I was very excited LOL) and got caramel hot chocolate. It was SO good. Mommy and Amber were joking that they put something in it, but it was delicious. Ever since we've made our hot chocolate here at home with caramel ice cream sauce and milk. It's very good. And a nice way to warm up after a snow day.

Today the ice has been a little scary and I've slipped a few times. Luckily I haven't actually fallen yet and I've taken to sticking to the cleared side walks where there's less black ice and the chance that I'll break something is much less. :P

There are three more days until I actually leave. I'm travelling all day Saturday by myself. Yikes. I'm a little nervous but excited at the same time. OOoo I also get to sell back my math book tomorrow. Yah for a little extra money. It'll be nice. I can't wait to get home and I'm really hoping that I can find a job. So far I'm still planning on working at JCPenney's photo studio but with the economy I hear getting a job right now is very very difficult. Although I dread having to go back, I'm glad that I've made good friends with my KFC manager. He told me I'd always have a job there so if worst comes to worse I will have a job. Yuck. :)

Well it's back to work for me. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Your pictures bring back so many memories! Rexburg is beautiful in the snow. Here's a funny memory: One night I was walking along the sidewalk on campus, went round a corner, and fell down! I couldn't get up and here came two very cute guys. I just wanted to die!

Mrs. Kristina said...

Aww :) that's so sad! It really is pretty in the snow.