Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Teddy Bears and Time

I realized today that I have a Teddy Bear collection.



I think the names are too small to read but there is Elder Jonathan (his clothes are being washed which is why he just has a tie) Kodak, Taz, Flurry, and Mr. Giggles. The bear from New York is the newest member of my little teddy bear family and I haven't thought up a name for him yet. The pictures of Mr. Giggles and Flurry aren't really what they look like. I didn't bring them with me so I edited in pictures that sort of resemble what they look like. Anyway, I was very interested to find that out today. I didn't realize I was collecting them the way I am.



Today's been a very good day despite failing one of my last Science tests. I think I'm going to have to retake that class. That's okay though. I was talking to Jaelyn and if I take it next semester we'll be taking it together which might motivate me to study a little harder. That and yesterday we had a very nice devotional about Foundations classes and why they're important. I'd never thought of them like that. I was just "getting through" them so I could hurry up and move on to my major but they make up 1/3 of my education and they're at BYU-I because the Lord wants the students here to be well rounded disciples of Christ having decent education in all areas. Doctrine and Covenants 88:80 says "That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission which I have commissioned you." That's why we have foundations. Another interesting thing that we've talked about in my GS 111 class (which is another class I HIGHLY recommend for anyone attending BYU-I) is that some day my kids are going to want to know how they memorize stuff or need help with matrices, or who knows what and as a High School Theater Director without foundations I would have no clue how to help them. So these Foundation classes are important for me to take as a mom too.

Well I'm halfway through my second to last week of my first semester at college. I DID IT! I'm not passing all of my classes and I could have done better but I can't change that now and next semester will be very different. I'm so excited. Claudia (one of my other roommates) and I were talking and became overwhelmed by that little fact. It's still weird to be here and know that this is what I dreamed of four or five years ago when I first started seriously thinking about going to college. How incredible is that? I turn nineteen in about 5 months. Wow.....

Okay. Now I'm going to get plastic storage boxes so I can start packing up the stuff I'm not taking back to Oregon. Enjoy everyone.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute bears! Good luck on your remaining tests. You seem to have a good attitude about things there. See you soon!