Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life


This is kind of a sequel to the post I wrote last night.

Once I told a very good friend that I was so happy I felt I could fly. He looked at me funny and said "please don't try". I waved my hands at him and laughed. Of course I couldn't have flown without being inside the body of a plane but that was the way I felt. I've noticed that usually that kind of happiness for me is the happiness that comes when I am feeling the Spirit.

I started feeling that way again today after going to see It's A Wonderful Life with my family in the Regal Cinema. We usually see that movie every year about this time but seeing it in the theaters tonight made it feel like I was seeing it for the first time, and actually getting it. There is a line at the end that i really love. "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends". I love that line. It's really wonderful. I love that idea. It's also talked about throughout the movie when different characters say that the most rich are those without a lot of money. On the way home me and Mommy were talking about how that movie makes us think. One of the things that I love is that it's one of those movies that when you leave the theater you try and stand a little taller and be a little better. You leave wanting to make that kind of difference in people's lives.

(To tie into my previous blog) The movie also caused me to look again at the many blessings there are in my life and I'm so glad. I just can't believe that I lose sight of it again and again. I guess that's the way life goes. I'm grateful for it anyway. When you see your blessings again they mean so much more to you. :) I love feeling this way.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It truly is a wonderful life--and it's not because of the "stuff" we accumulate. You and your family are rich indeed--as are we.

Nathaners said...

mommy and i ... :P