Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Chistmas Spirit

I really enjoyed the First Presidency Devotional tonight. In fact church in general was really really good. The testimonies during Sacrament were very good. I had a hard time paying attention during Gospel Doctrine but the lesson was good, and Relief Society was good. The ladies here are just amazing. They shine like no other. I just can't believe it. I'm going to miss the Spirit here so so much. I'm also going to be missing my FHE brothers. They're neat.

Aww... but I'll be back in four months.

One other thing. I've been having an inspiration to bring a couple Book of Mormons with me on my way back to Eugene. Which is weird because I'm flying from Salt Lake. But I'm going to if I have to buy the books myself. I will have them. The only thing I'm worried about is I haven't talked about the Gospel in a few months. I'm afraid I'll be a little out of practice. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that even at a LDS college I haven't even been up to bear my testimony in a while.

I know it's not quite the same thing but I decided that for practice I'd just write it out here too.

I know that the Savior lives. I know with all of my heart that the Savior loves me and really cares about my life. I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer. I know that I can pray to Him for everything. I know that families can be together forever through the power of the priesthood. I know that someday I can be sealed together with my husband for time and all eternity and that my children will be mine forever. I know that there is a Prophet who guides the church today. I know that Joseph Smith restored the true gospel to the Earth. I know that the scriptures are true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

I definately feel a little out of practice.

Anyway... today I took some group shots for Audrey and her roommates down at the railroad. Next time I take someone Senior pictures I'm going to suggest we do them down by the railroad. It's BEAUTIFUL!

One of the girls I was taking pictures tonight was engaged and they were just SO cute that I took a few extra shots.


The sunset tonight was GORGEOUS!! I wish it hadn't been so cold and I hadn't had so much to do. I would have loved to have just taken more pictures tonight.

No comments: