Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very very happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone enjoyed time with family and friends. I know that I did.
I love this time of year. There is a little bit more happiness and gratitude in the world. While in Lake Oswego one of the teachers talked about how she'd returned from spending time in the Bahammas or something like that. She realized when she came back how incredibly blessed we are just to live in America. We really are. We can have jobs, we get hold an opinion about the things that happen in this country. We get to believe however we want. We get to be whoever we want. We live in an AMAZING place. I'm so grateful for my family and the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful for the school I get to attend. I love that I have a right to learn and that I have access to the best education possible. I love that I have friends serving missions and brothers who want to serve when they get old enough. I love that I have a warm too-small house that I share with my amazing family. I'm grateful that I have money enough to live on my own for a few months out of the year. I'm grateful that I have a tv and a computer. Life is just amazing and I'm so grateful to live in such an amazing place and to have the amazing things that I have.
I think that one of the things I am absolutely by far the most grateful for in my life is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the testimony I have of the Savior. It's given me everything I have and I can never express how incredibly grateful I am for that.
Have an awesome rest of your weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

We _are_ amazingly blessed! Doesn't gratitude just warm your heart? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

Mrs. Kristina said...

:) Mine too!!